1. Kids that are given alcohol by their parents are more likely to become heavy drinkers ater on in life.
2. Over a long period of time alcohol can cause:
- Liver damage
- Heart disease
- Stomach problems
- And even some types of cancer
3. In your teen years your brain is growing constantly and alcohol can affect its development.
1. When alcohol enters the body, it finds its way into the blood stream and is pumped throughout the body and towards the brain.
2. Drinking alcohol can hurt 2 important parts of your brain, the Hippocampus and the Prefrontal Cortex. Damage to the Hippocampus can make it harder to store memories and to learn new things, damage to the Prefrontal Cortex can affect your decision making abilities.
3. Your brain is made up of billions of tiny nerve cells that send messages around the body, alcohol interferes with these messages.
1. What other areas of the brain does alcohol affect?
2. Are there any types of alcohols that are not ok to drink?